Dances of Universal Peace Dancing Peacock Paradise
December 2010 Events
New Year's Eve
Global Peace Dance
"Awakening to Inner & World Peace"
at United Church of Gainesville
Here's what Hakima had to say about this year's Global Peace Dance:
I'm so grateful to have been part of the New Year's Eve Dance. Out here with family, I've become more and more aware of how I longed to sing and dance with heartfelt companions again and how that feeds my soul. Thank you for the opportunity!
The Dances were truly lovely. The peace that entered the room and enveloped us all was a blessing, called forth by our sincerity and willingness. And the readings from inspired souls - Rumi, Gandhi, Swami Beyondananda (!) - touched us all deeply and opened our hearts in a powerful way. You showed wonderful mastery in guiding the group energy in a flow from Dance to Dance with thoughtfulness and humor. The musicians and readers became channels of Spirit, and the Dancers moved into a heart space of love and peace.
As Inayat said in the reading: "You only have to move, and all will be done."
Saturday, December 11
Special Dance Evening
Certified Dance Leader
Mentor, International Network for the Dances of Universal Peace
We will gather for a potluck dinner at 5 pm at the house, then dance together afterward followed by zikr & desserts.
guest Dance Leader
Upcoming Events - Winter 2010
Joyous Holdiay Celebration!
Saturday December 25 - 3pm-9pm
A Day & Evening of Divine Dances of Universal Peace
at Dancing Peacock Paradise
2:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Please arrive in time to begin dancing together at 3:00
- Dances of Universal Peace 3:00 pm
- Gift Giving
- Potluck Dinner in the house
- Holiday Desserts
- Live Music - Love Offering
Dress in your Festive Holiday Finery!
- A wrapped inexpensive or free Gift for someone anonymous:
- A Treasure from your house that you are ready to pass on, or something homemade such as cookies, or a special prize you have purchased, or something to add to the fun.
- A mostly vegetarian Dish, which has been touched in some way by your own loving hands, or an extra $5 for dinner
- Wear Festive Holiday clothing or something glistening or flowing!
- Your reverent Holiday Spirit
- Your Friends
Come for any or all parts with friendliness & loving hearts.
New Year's Eve Global Peace Dance7:30 - 10 pm Friday, Dec. 31, 2010
United Church of Gainesville
1624 NW 5th Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32603
The Global Peace Dance is held around the world each year to wish peace to all. This is our biggest dance of the year.
Dances of Universal Peace
at Dancing Peacock Paradise
Fun Facts for 2010
- We held 11 dance events at DPP this year, including a weekend retreat
- Around 150 different people have come here during the year
- The average attendance has been 26 per dance
- Patrick designed a web site: www.PeacockParadise.org
- Bill & Khurshid added a bathroom and entrance porch to the house
- Khurshid & Mike built a large dancing deck
- Bill built a fancy chicken coop, & we bought 6 baby chicks, now grown.
- The chickens lay approximately 5 eggs per day in white, cream, tan, brown, & blue.
- Mike set up a fenced organic garden
e-mail: FLRetreats 'at' gmail.com